You’ve worked hard writing your blog. Why keep it hidden?
In part one of this article, I shared the essential steps you need to take to optimize each of your blog postings. From headlines to key works, from using the free YOAST plugin to optimize your keywords and readability – all the essentials of well crafted posts – this article covers them all. If you haven’t read part 1, click here to do so now. And follow those steps carefully, because these are the skeletal bones that enable your blog to stand up and support itself.
Your blog post is edited to perfection. Now what?
If you want the Search Engines to take note of your WordPress blog, here are some suggested steps to follow.
* Be respectful of others whom you mention in your blogs.
* Honor your promises and commitments.
* Give credit where credit is due.
* Include a relevant link to the content of your blog, but only if it adds to your content.
INCLUDE AN IMAGE
* Find an image that pops to make your blog stand out from the crowd.
OFFER A GIFT
* Everyone loves something for free. Try to offer a gift that helps promote your product or service.
SUPPLEMENT WITH VIDEO
* If you do make a video, include it in your blog.
1. Post the URL to that video (with or without a screenshot of it.)
2. Get the embedded code and insert it into your blog.
3. If you don’t have enough material for a video, consider combining several related topics into one.
* It’s great to use samples that inform people of your product or service.
POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA
* Use the social media buttons to let others know about your blog.
* To expand your reach, consider using a service such as Hootsuite or Mass Planner.
KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INFORMING AND SELF-PROMOTION
In the video that follows, I use screen shots from many of my blog postings to demonstrate various blogging techniques you might like to use to help promote your blog.
Remember, an effective, well promoted blog also helps promote your product or business.